instagram pinterest twitter bloglovin

Sunday, December 3, 2017

Blog Anniversary Post (1 Year of Blogging)



Today, December 3rd, is my blog anniversary. Which means just one year ago, The AnnieChanie Blog consisted of only a header and a sidebar. I can't believe my little blog is one year old. To me, this is such an exciting milestone. Over the course of 365 days, I've refined my skills in digital illustration, mastered the art of flat lay photography, had two positive experiences with two different companies and most of all, connected/interacted with a lot of incredible bloggers from around the world. 

I'm really proud of what I've accomplished so far. On my blog, I've published 44 (45 now) posts in total, which on average is around 3.67 posts per month. Rounding it up, that's pretty much a post a week. When I first published on The AnnieChanie Blog, I made a promise to myself that I'd be consistent with posting. And a part from two slip ups, I've managed to uphold this goal. Even though I'm very happy with my little corner of the internet, there are still things I'm hoping to improve on for the upcoming year. For one, I really want to have a set day that I post. At the moment, I aim to have them up by Sunday but if I finish writing Friday/Saturday, I feel the need to post it straight away. For some reason, I really don't like have completed posts in my draft box. This is something I definitely need to work around for 2018. I also want to post more of my design work online. I've been thinking of doing a "design-a-day" type series where I share my digital illustrations everyday for a month. I'm also hoping to set up a portfolio/gallery page sometime in the near future. This will probably require a bit of experimenting with code but I'm definitely up for the challenge!

To finish off this momentous post, I'd like to thank every one who reads/comments on my posts. It makes me so happy to be able to share my writing online and when you take time out of your day to check my page out, it makes everything just the more worthwhile. I'm so glad 2016 me decided to take the leap and give blogging a go. These past 12 months have been such a learning experience for me and I'm so excited to see what the next 12 months have in store! 

As always, thanks so much for reading! 

32 comments:

  1. Congratulations 🎉 on your 1st year that’s an amazing achievement! Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on year 1! I can't wait to look back at mine and reflect on what I've improved on like you have here. And maybe cringe a little looking back...x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's definitely a little strange thinking I've been writing on here for a year but it's really cool to see how my writing style has developed. Thanks for commenting! AnnieChanie

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, congrats! That's a brilliant achievement, and here's to many more years of blogging :D

    Lizzie Bee // Hello Lizzie Bee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! No doubt about it! Thanks Lizzie! :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete
  4. Huge congrats! It looks like you’ve made amazing progress this year and you deserve to do well

    Ellie
    www.headintheclouds.me.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, happy first birthday to your blog , you have achieved a lot in your first year, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your first blog anniversary! it is a big milestone! you've accomplished a lot in 12 months! xx corinne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Corinne! I really appreciate your comment. :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete
  7. Happy blog anniversary! Can't believe you have only been blogging for a year your blog looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 1st Birthday! I’m sure the next year will fly by, and congratulations on being so consistent with posting.. 🙊

    Andi | www.andthenzen.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you! I'm sure it will! Yes, that was definitely a big accomplishment for me! :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete
  9. Happy 1 year! I'm just a week in so I can't wait for that feeling!

    http://themumwhoiswingingit.blogspot.co.uk/2017/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's definitely worth the wait! Thanks so much for commenting! AnnieChanie

      Delete
  10. Happy one year anniversary ! I started my blog in October and I hope it will still be going in a year !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will! I know it! Thanks for the comment Melanie! AnnieChanie

      Delete
  11. Happy one year anniversary! Your blog looks great for only just one year old! I remember my first anniversary and it was not as top as this, haha. I wish you another 365 days of success and can't wait to see some of your digital illustrations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Claire! Your comment really made me smile! I can't wait to share my digital illustrations. It's something that I'm really passionate about so I really hope people will enjoy them! :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete
  12. Congratulations on a year blogging! I've only just come across your blog but it is so gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmin! That's really kind of you to say! :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete
  13. It's always such a special thing to reach a year! Happy blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on one year of blogging! I hope you stay motivated to make the changes you’ve listed! Good luck.

    Letsbebreef.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Brianna! Oh yes, I'm going to work really hard to try bring these changes to life! :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete
  15. This is such a motivating post! Congrats on 1 year of posting doll, may you continue your amazing journey and reach all the goals you envision :)


    Lena xx: https://lenadeexo.com/10-things-holiday-spirit/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Lena! I love your comment so much! :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete
  16. Congrats on this wonderful accomplishment!It's a challenge to stay motivated to consistently post for a whole year and you did it! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Heather for your lovely feedback! :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete

blogger template