instagram pinterest twitter bloglovin

Friday, March 30, 2018

How I Clean my Bedroom



As strange as this may sound, I actually really enjoy tidying my room. I find it almost therapeutic. It not only puts me in a positive headspace for the rest of the day but the end result is always so worthwhile. Once or twice a month, I like to do a thorough tidy of my bedroom space. In today's post I thought I'd share what this process involves. Here's how I like to clean my bedroom. 

Change The Sheets And Make The Bed
When it comes to cleaning my room, this step is a must. There's something really revitalising about new sheets. They just make my room feel instantly fresher. I like to make my bed every morning, just to start the day off right, however it's usually only a quick straightening of the covers and plumping of the pillows. When I have one of my major cleans, I like to set it up as though it's part of a store showroom. I'll arrange the throw pillows nicely and drape a fluffy blanket off one corner. I know that it can only look this way temporarily, but I find the whole process really enjoyable so I don't mind as much.

Wipe Down Any Surfaces
The next thing I like to do is take a dry cloth and dust off all the hard surfaces in my room. This includes my desk, windowsill, bedside table and vanity. There are certain corners and hideaways, like at the back of my drawers and shelves that are quite dust prone which is why I not only have to wipe down the visible surfaces but the less noticeable ones as well. Sometimes there are areas you wouldn't expect to collect dust but upon further inspection, are in fact need of a clean. For example, the row of books of my shelf, the tops of them tend to get quite dusty. Also the lids of my candles usually require a good wipe down. The last things I'll use the cloth for are my windows and vanity mirror. I'll also bring out the spray bottle for this part. 

Organise my Wardrobe
Out of my entire room, my wardrobe is probably the area I find hardest to keep tidy. Alongside my clothes and shoes, it's also where I keep random things like my Christmas room decor and my old exercise books from my primary school days. I like to keep my wardrobe door closed throughout the day just because I find it really detracts from the rest of the room. I know there's that concept of "out of sight, out of mind" but I always find myself coming back to this space whenever I do a big clean up. I won't necessarily remove anything, I'll just shuffle things around in attempt to make the space look neater somehow. I have yet to discover my perfect arrangement. This is probably why it's still a step in my bedroom cleaning process. 

Vacuum And Mop The Floor
My bedroom has wooden floorboards which I find quite hard to maintain at times. Cleaning the floor in my bedroom is a two step process. First I'll vacuum to get rid of any surface dust lying around, then I'll use the mop to remove any residue that may be left and get into all the tight spots the vacuum can't reach. I always save this step for last because the mopping requires drying time. 

Thanks for reading for about my bedroom cleaning process! Do you enjoy tidying your room? Let me know in the comments below! 


36 comments:

  1. This is a great post and I 100% agree that doing a thorough clean puts me in such a good mood! I also find my wardrobe the hardest, I don’t know how everything always ends up on the floor😭

    Phoebe x

    https://itsphoeberose.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Phoebe! Haha, I'm glad you could relate! :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete
  2. I love to give my room a good dust and polish, makes it so much fresher!

    www.thediaryofellie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Thanks for commenting Ellie! :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete
  3. I definitely enjoy tidying my room - it makes me feel better at the same time as being productive!

    Ashleigh | http://ashleighwrites.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I definitely feel very productive after completing my clean! Thanks for the comment Ashleigh! :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete
  4. Loved this post. I don't enjoy cleaning but I do love the end result. I always make my bed as it makes so much difference to the room, and there's nothing as nice as fresh sheets!

    Nicola
    http://www.nicshealthylife.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much Nicola. I know right! Making my bed is always a key part of my morning routine. I can't start my day properly unless my bed's been tidied. :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete
  5. Lovely post! I’m the exact same I love tidying and cleaning and it seems so refreshing to do it at the beginning of a season and a new month too! Love these points! Ayse x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ayse! Aw, you're so sweet! I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves tidying and cleaning! :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete
  6. Can I hire you to come and tidy my room?haha I’m good at making my bed and changing the sheets but I’m not so good at actually tidying. My boyfriend has a tendency to pile things in corners and I try and keep on top but once the pile gets to big I end up ignoring it! I’m definitely glad I don’t have wooden floor boards, we’ve that downstairs and it’s a pain to clean, thankfully our bedroom is carpet so a quick go round with the vacuum keeps it clean!
    PaleGirlRambling xo
    http://palegirlrambling.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, honestly, I'd be happy to! My friends have said the exact same thing and I've told them that I'd be keen. I find cleaning super rewarding. The end result always makes me so happy. I wish my bedroom didn't have wooden floorboards. I feel like the cleaning process is a lot less time consuming with carpet. Thanks for the comment! :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete
  7. This is such a different kind of post but I actually really enjoyed it! I always put cleaning off for as long as I can but when I get sick of my bedroom looking a mess and actually clean I really enjoy the finished product! I love arranging all the pillows and blankets on my bed too! My wardrobe and clothes drawers always get so messy cause I just throw my clothes in there so every few months it's nice to have a clear out and get rid of things I don't want anymore and tidy everything else up!

    Jess // foundationsandfairytales.wordpress.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Jess! I know what you mean! Clothes can be really hard to keep organised sometimes. But you're right! Having regular clear outs are a great way to keep your wardrobe and drawers in order. :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete
  8. There’s nothing like a clean and tidy to make you feel good! My house just seems to have way too much stuff in it and it drives me mad! Not sure the kids would appreciate me chucking all their stuff out when they are at school even though I would like to !

    Melanie | www.frasersfunhouse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's so funny! Thanks so much for your comment Melanie! :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete
  9. With spring here, it's the perfect time to get into the habit of cleaning up our rooms! Love that you shared how you clean your room! YES! Wiping down surfaces is very important! I hate dust and not wiping the surface attracts spiders for some reason. I can totally relate to organizing your wardrobe! I love cleaning my room because I feel like a mess otherwise!

    exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're completely right! Great timing! Thank you so much! Yes, that's one of the reasons wiping down surfaces is such a big priority for me! I can not deal with spiders! Yay! I'm glad you feel the same way about cleaning! :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete
  10. I think organize my wardrobe would be the hardest for me! so many things and such a mess! Can you come and tidy up my room?! Ahah, I would need these tips! xx corinne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know! Wardrobes are the worst! Thanks for the comment Corinne! :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete
  11. I LOVE tidying my room when I actually have the energy for it haha! Since I've moved into a bigger house/room it's literally like a whole day thing so I don't get to do a deep clean often. Clean sheets, floors and dressing table/shelves is the most satisfying thing!
    Alice Xx
    www.blacktulipbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, I see what you mean! My room's fairly compact so usually cleaning doesn't take longer than an hour or two. Yes!! So true! Thanks for sharing your thoughts Alice! :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete
  12. Enjoying cleaning doesn’t sound strange to me, I find it so cleansing and feel so much better once it’s been done! Organising my wardrobe is a pretty big job so I don’t do that very often haha!- https://sophiehearts.net x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggles with my wardrobe! Thanks so much for commenting Sophie! :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete
  13. Great post! My room is in need of a little tidy up haha and I really want to clear out my wardrobe soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Hanna! Yay, that's great that you're wanting to tidy your space! Good luck! :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete
  14. I looove tidying my room, haha. After you're finished and you see how nice and clean it looks - it's great! I hate leaving my room a mess so I tend to keep it nice and tidy throughout the week and have a proper clean on a weekend when I'm off work. Although I do tend to put stuff in my wardrobe to hide things haha

    Amy,
    https://creativenails.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Exactly! It's one of the best feelings ever! Haha, I've definitely done that before, not going to lie! Thanks for the comment Amy! :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete
  15. I think cleaning my room is like the best thing! I can’t stay in my room when it’s really dirty, I can’t function in mess girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't of said it better myself! I find it so hard to work in my room if it's untidy! Thanks so much for commenting! :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete
  16. I totally get what you mean about it being therapeutic to tidy your room! And you're right about the amazing feeling of fresh bedding too. I always feel great after I've cleaned and tidied my space x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sophie! I'm happy to hear you could relate! It is such a great feeling! :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete
  17. This is such a unique post and I agree with everything you’re saying! When I’m unhappy, I’d everyfhing looks unclean, I just have to tidy it. When things are clean it’s like you’re mind is less cluttered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That means a lot! Definitely! For me, a tidy space equals a tidy mind. :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete
  18. My current problem is that I can't vacuum because my clothes are on the floor. My second problem is that my wardrobe is a mess and too full. So, I have no place for my clothes. I definitely need a wardrobe declutter.
    And I need to clean, my mind is so cluttered. I feel so much happier when I walk into a clean space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! Haha, I know what you mean! I had to do that with my draws the other day! Completely agree! I can't think properly if my space is untidy! Thank you for commenting Juliet! :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete

blogger template