instagram pinterest twitter bloglovin

Friday, April 20, 2018

How I Revamped my Blog



A few months ago, I gave my blog a little makeover. I didn't want drastic change, I just felt the need to tweak a couple of different things. I'm someone who really enjoys working on Photoshop so for me it was a really fun and creative process. As much as I love the photographic and content creating side of blogging, I enjoy the web design aspect just as much. For today's post, I thought I'd share the steps I took in revamping my webpage. If you're wanting to update your blog design, hopefully this gives you a little bit of inspiration! 

Making a New Header 
My header is top and centre so I made sure to take my time redesigning it. When considering different fonts and graphics, I decided I didn't want to stray too far from my original design. The composition of the old and new header are very similar/ almost identical with my profile on one side and the text on the other. Since I'd already established a certain colour scheme on my blog, with the pastels and pale shades of pinks, I thought it'd be a good idea to carry it through. As I said before, I didn't want to make any big adjustments, I just wanted to renew or slightly improve on what I already had. I was really happy with my new header because I felt like it was a lot more modern and mature and also a lot easier to read. 



Creating a Profile For my Home Page
While I was editing my blog design, I was doing a lot research on what makes a good webpage. This was where I came across the idea of placing a profile image in your sidebar. I realised this was something that I'd thought about in the past but just never got around to doing. I think profile pictures are great because they allow you to put a face to the blog. I'd added one to my "About Me" page but not to my actual home page. When creating my profile image, I decided on a recent photo and made sure to attach a link so that when readers clicked on it, they'd be taken over to my bio anyway. I really liked how my profile turned out and thought it was a very functional addition to my home page.  





Decluttering/ Editing my Sidebar Widgets
The last step in my blog makeover process was going through my sidebar and getting rid of anything that didn't necessarily need to be there. For some reason, I'd initially had two Bloglovin' widgets that connected to my Bloglovin' account. I figured that one was enough so I got rid of the other and replaced it with my profile image from above. There's nothing wrong with removing widgets to make room for new ones. That way, you can be sure you're making the best possible use of your sidebar space. I then edited my "Email Me" graphic so that it followed the aesthetic of the rest of my edits. 


   

Thanks for reading! Are you planning on changing up your blog design anytime soon? Or are you really content with your webpage at the moment? Let me know in the comment section below! 

25 comments:

  1. I actually like both of your headers - the new and old one! Maybe you can swap them out every now and then? Nevertheless, love the subtle changes to your blog :)

    cabin twenty-four

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Eena! That's really sweet of you to say! That's not a bad idea! If I do feel like changing it up again, it's nice to know I have the old one to fall back on. :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete
  2. These changes are so small and simple but the new ones look so much more sophisticated! I'm terrible at the creative side of things 😂 x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sophie! That's definitely what I was trying to accomplish with the new ones! Aw, I love your blog design! It's so clean and minimalistic! :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete
  3. I love your blog. Your layout design is gorgeous and I love your header. I'm also really loving your photos too.
    Clem x
    http://www.clemloves.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Clem! Your comment is so lovely! Means a lot! :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete
  4. I really like your blog design. Its amazing what a little revamp can do! I had a huge revamp in September and absolutely love the changes, it makes me so much more motivated to blog!
    PaleGirlRambling xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely relate! If you feel like you're losing momentum with your blogging, a little makeover can make all the difference! Thank you so much! :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete
  5. Great post! I love your blog design so much, it's so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Hanna! I'm glad you liked this post! :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete
  6. You did a great job, your blog looks gorgeous😊 Love all the pastel colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! I love my pastel colours! :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete
  7. Love this!! I always find revamping my blog so refreshing! Plus it gives me more inspiration and a new perspective! I recently changed up my blog too! So much fun! xx

    http://zoe-ware.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree! You're so right! Thanks for commenting! :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete
  8. Your blog looks lovely I really like the colours that you have used and the header is really good! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aaliyah! You're so sweet! Your feedback makes me so happy! :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete
  9. I think you did a really good job on the revamp. Your blog is looking gorgeous! So fresh and yet cute as well. I think it must really give new inspiration as well. You certainly put lots of love into it ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you for such a thoughtful comment! It really means a lot to me! :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete
  10. Your blog is looking amazing! i love the graphics and color palette! the images are so pretty! great job, you did so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much Corinne! I really appreciate the feedback! :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete
  11. I love how your blog looks now! Very stylish and that chic vibe is glowing. I like the new avatar! As time goes by, it's noticeable to see the maturity through people's layouts! I went through something similar over the years! Pretty cool to see these changes :)!

    exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you! I love your comment so much! You're completely right about the way in which people express themselves through their blog layouts. I think that's what makes people's blog designs so special and unique! :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete
  12. I love how it looks now! The color pallette is gorgeous! Both of my favorite colors. Your header is my favorite, simple but cute!

    Laura M - http://www.thenoisygum.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you're too kind! Thank you Laura! :-) AnnieChanie

      Delete
  13. Haha, thank you Fran! I'm so happy you found this post useful! Good luck for your revamp! :-) AnnieChanie

    ReplyDelete

blogger template